Clinical Nutrition Manager - Nutritional Services - Celebration Health - Full Time
Florida Hospital Celebration Health seeks to hire a Clinical Nutrition Manager who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Celebration Health Facility Profile:
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, Florida Hospital Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a "living laboratory" of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
The Florida Hospital Celebration Health Nutritional Services department is an engaged and committed team of food service and customer service professionals. Our mission is to "promote health and healing by nourishing with compassion." The department has 3 distinct divisions that include patient services, retail services (cafes and catering), and clinical services. Patient Services is responsible for preparing and serving food to patients, retrieving trays, helping patients make their menu selections, maintaining inventory of nourishment on the nursing units, and building strong relationships with patients and their families. Retail services (cafes and catering) includes Chefs, Cooks, Cashiers, and Servers who work together to ensure that tasty, healthy and fresh food is prepared and served with expertise and care. The clinical staff is comprised of Registered Dietitians who work with our Physicians and Nurses to facilitate the healing of our patients through nutritional assessment, tube feeding management, nutrition instruction, education, and intervention.
Monday - Friday and occasional weekends
Hours are generally between:
- 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- May change according to the need of the department
The Clinical Nutrition Manager (CNM) manages all clinical nutrition service areas including patient menu development and diet compliance, safety and sanitation compliance, dietetic services, and other food service areas as needed. Manages the Registered Dietitians, Clinical Nutrition Supervisors and other clinical and food service staff. Collaborates with the Director to establish expectations, plan strategies and priorities and maintain operations within budget for the department. Ensures clinical area of responsibility is in compliance with regulatory agency requirements and department/organizational policies and procedures. Ensures training and compliance with policies and procedures, department goals, and objectives to all department employees. Manages quality and performance improvement projects and ensures evidence-based clinical practices. Models positive communication and ensures employee engagement. Ensures effective utilization and management of resources and assists with department budget planning. Manages human resource functions for the department including employee interviewing, hiring/firing, employee counseling, performance reviews, and team development. Oversees designing and implementation of quality improvement programs, performance improvement plans and manages institutional accreditation and regulatory compliance initiatives. Serves as chief preceptor on campus for dietetic interns. Provides medical nutrition therapy to patients and staff relief as needed. Monthly inter-campus travel required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education & Experience Required:
- Ability to use computer-based electronic health record.
- Strong English verbal and written communication, organizational, problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to interact constructively with supervisors, peers and support personnel. Ability to work well without supervision and to manage personnel.
- Ability to coordinate and lead small groups of people in determining policy, implementing procedures, exhibiting progress, and performance improvement projects.
- Ability to teach, precept and facilitate experiential training of staff, students and interns.
- Ability to keep accurate and complete records including clinical schedules, key performance indicators and staff education.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations as related to food service and Dietetics practice.
- Initiative to keep abreast of new information/products/developments in the field of Dietetics.
- Proficiency in the Nutrition Care Process from the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
- Proficiency in identifying and using comparative standards to estimate energy, fat, protein, carbohydrate, fiber, fluid, vitamin and mineral needs as well as recommended body weight, BMI and desired growth patterns.
- Ability to be flexible and willingness to adapt to changes as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition or related field
- Minimum of four years of clinical nutrition experience
- Minimum of two years of supervisor or manager experience
- Bi-lingual, English required/Spanish preferred (Preferred)
- Proficiency in using CBORD computerized diet office program (Preferred)
- Ability to define operational or program problems/needs and solutions (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of the accreditation requirements of Det Norske Veritas (DNV GL) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) quality management systems (Prederred)
- Graduate degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition, Health Science or other nutritional-related field (Preferred)
- Experience using Cerner electronic medical record (Preferred)
- Experience precepting dietetic students and interns (Preferred)
- Post-graduate training in nutrition (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current active State of Florida Dietitian/Nutritionist license
- Current active Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Advanced Practice (AP) Board certification or specialist certification in nutrition (Preferred)
- Post-graduate certificate in nutrition (Preferred)
- ServSafe Manager certification or equivalent (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Provision of Services - The CNM ensures provision of quality service based upon client/stakeholder expectations and needs. Follows Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Standards of Practice in Nutrition Care including the Nutrition Care Process, the Academies Code of Ethics, and all national, state and local regulations. Provides medical nutrition therapy by use of anthropometric measures, biochemical/medical data, nutrition-focused physical exam findings, food and nutrition-related knowledge and history, and comparative standards and calculations to assess for nutrition-related problems. Identifies and labels specific treatable nutrition problem(s)/diagnoses. Implements appropriate nutrition interventions to correct nutrition-related behaviors/risk factors and monitors and evaluates outcomes related to nutrition diagnosis, goals and interventions for patients/clients. Manages the operation of the clinical nutrition areas on each campus and ensures the clinical and food service staff provide safe, quality service based upon customer expectations and needs, and the mission and vision of the organization. Ensures customer needs for dietetic and food and nutrition services are met, effective screening and assessment procedures are completed, documentation is according to organization standards and policies, and clinical staff practice safe and ethical ordering and billing of food and nutrition-related items and services. Attends multi-campus Registered Dietitian Leader meetings, interdepartmental committees and meetings as requested, and maintains a constant state of regulatory readiness within assigned areas. Responsible for the compilation, reporting and monitoring of the department's clinical key performance indicators. Responsible for development and implementation of menus to ensure therapeutic diet compliance with regulatory guidelines and updates menus and nutrient database as needed. Responsible for creating performance improvement plans for any deficiencies in above. Performs other duties assigned by leadership.
- Application of Research - Applies, participates in, and/or generates research to enhance practice and exhibit commitment to evidenced-based practice. Researches, reviews and organizes best available research/evidence as foundation of evidenced-based practice for clinical area and ensures evidenced-based practices are implemented in the delivery of nutrition and dietetic services. Remains abreast of current research, evidence-based guidelines and technology relevant to clinical nutrition and the provision of medical nutrition therapy.
- Communication and Application of Knowledge - Effectively applies knowledge and communicates with others. Implements processes and procedures to ensure training and precepting of interns, students and clinical staff as well as maintenance of training and education records. Serves as a liaison to other departments and assists with communicating essential information, initiatives or changes in clinical nutrition care to relevant departments, committees and personnel. Shares expertise in food, nutrition and dietetic care and assists staff with identifying professional goals and obtaining relevant expertise.
- Utilization and Management of Resources - Ensures that resources are utilized effectively and efficiently. Anticipates staffing needs and creates work (or manages others who create) schedules in accordance with organizational standards. Plans for future needs and accordingly makes requests for education materials, forms, documents, office supplies, equipment and other resources needed for operation of department. Ensures maintenance of current equipment and resources and calls in work orders for maintenance as needed. Oversees talent development and human resource management, and ensures operation within the department budget parameters. Collaborates with Director/Assistant Director on budget for department.
- Quality in Practice - Provides quality services and systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of practice as needed to incorporate the results of the evaluation. Ensures compliance with all regulations, policies and laws, and practice is within scope of practice. Utilizes national quality standards and best practices in services and utilizes quality improvement activities to direct or advance practice. Conducts evaluations of clinical staff productivity and nutrition care. Attends department management meetings, participates in task force committees and meetings as requested, delegates assignments and projects to staff and facilitates collaboration and agreement between patient service area and clinical area. Develops, facilitates and implements performance improvement initiatives to improve nutrition-related processes, nutrition systems, and/or patient care programs and provides regulatory compliance initiatives and supports institutional accreditation processes.
- Accountability - Exhibits accountability, initiative, professionalism, self-confidence, self- and team-development and team leadership. Ensures clinical staff exhibit competence and accepts accountability for ensuring safety and quality in the services provided, meet CDR and state licensure requirements, practice within scope of practice, code of ethics and standards of professional performance. Pursues relevant opportunities to advance knowledge and practice. Holds staff accountable to all organization policies, procedures and work instructions that apply to position. Ensures completion of performance evaluations, positive discipline and initiation of corrective action plans as needed. Ensures employees are engaged and team works together effectively and efficiently. Exhibits leadership through organization involvement.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore this opportunity with Florida Hospital Celebration Health and apply online today
Job Keywords: Nutritional Services, Celebration, Manager, Nutrition Manager, Dietitian