Job Code: 02560-12561
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
- A safe place to work.
- Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
- Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
- A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
- Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
- Facilitate and coordinate the evaluation of potential transplant candidates, recipients hospitalized for transplantation and post-operative complications and transplant recipients followed as outpatients. Obtains insurance authorization and coordinates efforts to establish clinical and financial plans pre-transplant. Performs other duties as assigned.
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Louisiana RN license.
B. Education: Bachelor of Nursing degree required, Masters in related field preferred.
C. Experience: Previous experience in clinical area of assignment preferred.
D. Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Demonstrated patient teaching skills and compliance with protocol management of patients.
E. Hours of work: Shift as scheduled.
Last Edited: 04/20/2017