Job Code: 01588-76036
Nights (rotating weekends)
At Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, we recognize the unique needs of each of our patients. It's an extraordinary effort that we continue to improve upon, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world's first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Our hospital provides patient-centered care with a staff of professionals who genuinely care for the well-being of others. As part of Methodist Healthcare's mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God, we strive to offer care in a safe and compassionate environment. Additional hospital specialties include psychiatric services, emergency care, rehabilitation and robotic surgery.
The Environmental Associate II is responsible for the general appearance of floor and carpeted surfaces in corridors, patient rooms, public areas, offices, treatment rooms, and any other areas deemed necessary by the Supervisor. The Environmental Associate II performs the major cleaning and refinishing of floors in assigned areas, in accordance with standard departmental procedures and hospital objectives at the Medical Facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas, following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dust mop and damp/wet mop as scheduled.
- Prepares chemicals, supplies, and equipment for assigned areas.
- Cleans lights, vents, walls, and ducts as requested.
- Performs additional tasks upon request (i.e., moving beds, exchanging cubicle curtains and drapes, replaces broken furnishings, and delivers supplies)
- Delivers and removes Bio-Medical boxes, exchanges and delivers recycling containers, and cleans equipment and ES closet at shifts end.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Must read, speak, and understand the English Language.
- Cleaning experience.(preferred)
Last Edited: 04/19/2017