HTI is looking for CNC Machinists on all shifts to join our team at BorgWarner. These are full time, temp-to-perm opportunities with overtime requirements.
BorgWarner Turbo in Arden requires machinist to do their own setups. Turbos are built in small batches and there are many changeovers.
BorgWarner Thermal in Fletcher has setup techs, but strong blueprint reading and math skills are required to trouble shoot issues. Batch run for the fan clutches is much longer with greater detail needed to monitor tool wear and adjust machines accordingly.
Job duties include:
- Set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and computerized numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metal parts by performing various duties.
- Operate machines in accordance with process sheets.
- Manufacture product that meets quality requirements.
- Maintain specifications by observing grinding operations.
- Inspect and verify work prior to submitting for inspections.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- High school diploma or GED NOT required to work for HTI, but is a requirement to roll over full time with BorgWarner. We can connect you with local resources for you to obtain your GED while you are working!
- Must have 5 years experience for Turbo or 2 years experience for Thermal operating a CNC machine (lathes, grinders, etc.) in a manufacturing environment or be a recent graduate of a CNC/machining training program.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents and blueprints.
- Ability to use the metric and standard measurements.
- Position requires the wearing of steel toed shoes (must have or purchase before start date).
- Pre-screening process includes nationwide background check, pre employment drug screening
HTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/V/F/SO